2020 Membership Drive Underway
Feb. 24, 2020 • Andrew Maron
All members that pay their dues before March 5 at midnight are entered into a raffle to win one of three prizes:
- Gift bag from McCann’s Irish Pub
- Choice of one free club shirt currently in stock
- USGAA dues paid by the club
Winners will be chosen at random and announced March 7 at the Spring preseason social.
How much are dues?
2020 membership dues were increased at the AGM last month.
- $125 - Veteran member: someone playing longer than one year, has paid dues before and participated in pub league/tournaments
- $75 - Rookie member: someone playing less than one calendar year and has never paid dues before
- $50 - Student member: under 25 and a full time student
We also offer a family membership package. If multiple members of your household register as veteran members, the rate is $100/person.
A variety of factors determine what we need to charge each year. The biggest new cost associated with the increase this year are practice fields.
How to pay
Members can submit payment multiple ways:
- Venmo: @CharlestonHC
- PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash: paid in-person to club treasurer or chair
If you would like to set up a payment plan, or have any general questions about dues, please contact Tiff Nichols email@example.com. For electronic payments, please include your name in the notes. *Dues can be paid anytime after March 5, but you won't be able to win any cool stuff.
What are the benefits of membership?
Here are some of the top benefits of membership. This is not inclusive of all benefits.
- Weekly practices during the regular season
- Social events year round
- Play in 10+ local intramural pub league games
- Play against regional clubs in the Holy City Cup plus other travel tournaments
- Discounts at sponsor restaurants and bars
- Learn leadership skills on and off the field
- Walk in local parades like Park Circle St. Patrick’s Parade or the Christmas Parade downtown
- Network with teammates and players on other clubs
- Volunteer opportunities for the club and other local non-profit organizations